Friday, February 13, 2015

STOP HARASSING ME WITH SCRIPTURES


       Hi guys, it’s the season of “love” and I was really going to do something on love, however I’m one under instruction so I couldn’t just get up and write whatever I feel as I please, but I’ll leave y’all with this; there is No such thing as a better life, love your own life, no other life is better or more deserving of love than yours. I don’t know anything more devastating than not loving yourself. You can spend the whole day with Bae and still feel unloved, it not something Bae didn’t do, its you, until you can love yourself no one can successfully love you, you’ll just frustrate their efforts. Once you can love yourself with or without a date tomorrow, you’ll do just fine. Also as you celebrate remember the man upstairs the BIG G, the one whose heart is turned over with love for you, our ultimate love, and embrace his love through the day.
               Well today I’d be writing on scriptures and its abuse. A few people would be able to relate with me on this and that is fine, scriptures are there to help, encourage and heal. Not to discourage, kill and not help. However the unkind application of scriptures in these times has killed many. I couldn’t blame those who wouldn’t turn their lives to God because they see Christianity as bondage, some of us are quick to say “it’s their business” well it’s not it ours too. Yeah I know some people talk without any evidence, but some have real proof that its bondage, people abuse people with scriptures. For instance I don’t pray to ever be in a situation where divorce has to be my only option but if someone is in such a situation you don’t humiliate them by saying “God hates divorce” yes he does but he doesn’t hate you because you’ve had a divorce, he hates what divorce does to people, he hates the trauma, but you? He loves you very much. I’m not a supporter of the whole idea of divorce but I’m tired of people committing suicide because they cannot divorce and they cannot put up with the marriage, nothing would separate us from Gods love Divorce or no divorce......... one that I was particularly harassed with when I spoke about my struggle with sin was “shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?” maybe you don’t understand I’m not enjoying the sin I’m confessing because I need help I feel like I have fallen too far for grace I need mercy, I need help, nobody remembered that my sin didn’t separate me from God, I spent a greater part knowing I had fallen too far and I had sinned long  enough for grace so I was totally doomed for hell and I stopped fighting sin, I  just let it rule. That is what happens when we continually abuse people with scriptures, times when I wanted to commit suicide because there was no hope for me I just figured I will still go to hell in the end so why should I quicken the journey, Glory to God I am no longer abused by scriptures but what about the others who are being molested by scriptures, who are hurting.
         Today as Christians show Jesus and decide within you to stop harassing people with scripture, love them with it instead, encourage them with the word it’s what we are called to do.
Love
Busayo

1 comment:

  1. lol you are right scriptural harrasment is being legalistic, all we need is show the Love of God to them and repentance and freedom comes easily. Man will remain man till God enlightens him or her.

    ReplyDelete