Thursday, February 12, 2015

I’M A CHRISTIAN BUT I STRUGGLE WITH SIN


 As I write this piece I ask myself Mish, are you sure you want to do this? I mean people may misunderstand you, well if you do misunderstand this I’m very sorry. I do not expect everyone who reads this either to clap or drop a comment saying “nice piece” however, for those who I do this I know you’ll be blessed.
From stealing, to lying, to lust, to sexual immorality, to cheating, to insincerity, to pride, whatever  it may be, sin is sin and so long as it doesn’t honor God its sinful. Well one would expect hat as a Christian you shouldn’t struggle with sin. Don’t get me wrong I’m not here to put an “okay” on, but struggling with sin doesn’t make you a bad Christian, to struggle with something means to fight it right? So if you are struggling with sin it means you are not okay with sin and you want to get rid of sin, when you fall and its most expected that you’ll fall don’t get so beat down, we all struggle with something for the most part, don’t allow anybody magnify your struggle, some of us struggle with pride we struggle with letting Gods voice be heard above ours, we just don’t tell and because you struggle with sexual immorality or drug addiction people tell you you’re not Christian enough and that’s why you struggle, NO! So long as you are not okay, not content in the sin you are still a Christian, don’t beat yourself because you fall we all are God’s work in progress. We fall we rise and continue our journey, see the apostle Paul he said three times he asked God to take away his weakness but God kept on saying my strength is sufficient, there are some of us who even need our struggles to keep us focused on God, if some were without any struggle we would glory in ourselves and no that’s not Gods intention for his children he want us to glory in the father. Don’t allow anyone lie to you, you’re not too saved to struggle with sin, no one gets it right all at once, it’s a gradual process and with Gods strength being sufficient you’ll rise above it. You’re not too saved to struggle with sin you are too saved to remain in sin and be comfortable there.
Love
Busayo

No comments:

Post a Comment