Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I’M A CHRISTIAN BUT I STILL HURT

Heyy I promised to write more on I’m a Christian but…… however I haven’t had the time to sit with that well until today. I hope you’re blessed and please feel free to write anything on this piece and mail it to me, who knows your openness about your struggle could rescue another. busayokehinde81@gmail.com is my mail address.
I have heard of people who had some really hurtful experiences in their past, maybe you lost a parent, someone walked out on you, a history of abuse, or molestation and now years after you still feel hurt sometimes, and maybe you’ve been told that you’ve not forgiven and that’s why you still hurt. I’m sorry if this isn’t what you expect but the hurt doesn’t mean you haven’t forgiven or you’re still bitter, if we’ll be honest we forgive the problem isn’t unforgivness. You could have totally forgiven the issue is we’re human and we don’t ever really forget, it’s in your memory and all you need is something familiar, maybe a smell, a picture, a name, a trip and there again where the pain happened, you’re not angry you’re just hurt and you wish it never happened. I wish people would stop saying to people get over it when they are hurt by things that have gone on in the past, or dive into a long sermon about how you should not be hurt because you are a Christian, sometimes I see people hurt themselves in the name of trying to be Christians, they’ll be hurting but wouldn’t get help and they’ll be forcing a plastic smile on their face and be suffering and hurting in silence and in the end when the hurt gets too much they end up committing suicide. I’m Christian and I still hurt over the past doesn’t make me any less a Christian it only leaves me human, Christianity isn’t synonymous to no hurt, you would be hurt because you are human but the hurt wouldn’t get the better of you and that’s what matters, so don’t even allow anyone tell you you’re unforgiving because you still hurt once in a while its only normal to feel that way especially when something was lost or taken away from you. So my light may be broken (I still hurt) but I still work (I’m still a Christian).
Love
Busayo K

2 comments:

  1. Hey Busayo :) I'm so sorry that I haven't commented lately! You are an Inspiration to me/us as your Beautiful name means Increase In Joy! :) Do you pronounce it Bus say o?

    Have been catching up on your posts! I know God Has a Plan for you and you are in my Prayers, those of my family & have others Praying for you also!

    Stay Strong & Keep the Faith! I will try to be in touch more, but you are Always on my mind! Is your email information correct? I tried but had a problem with the link ... maybe it was just me, I will try from my inbox.

    Please know we Love you & Love reading your blog, you're an Incredibly Beautiful Soul, Intelligent, Inspiring & Wonderful Writer! :)

    Take Care (don't leave those inhalers behind until God asks you to) May God continue to Lead, Guide, Direct, Comfort, Heal and Mend, Provide for your Every Need & Bless you Always!

    Have a Great Day! :) ttyl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearie ur comment left me all smiles! No dictionary has words enough to convey how much I love you! Having said that I'd still say it the only way I know; I love you! I can't thank you enough but I can thank God for u. Thanks for having me on ur mind busy as u may be. I got ur mail I just sent you a message too. God bless you all the way. I love you and God loves u even more. 💙💙

      Delete