Wednesday, May 21, 2014

IRONY


Hello people trust you all are doing well, when I started this blog, I wasn’t sure what it was going to be about, I had in mind to just write random stuff about me and how sad life can be, I didn’t see it as something I’d have to write about Christ and all, sadly every attempt at writing randomly always ended up in disaster, I did try a few times but trust me it didn’t last long, after the few successful random write ups, every other time I tried to write randomly it ended in disaster, I’ve tried severally but it always ended up sleeping on the post and never finishing it. I realized that this is beyond just another random blog where people post stuff and advertise celebrities and the rest, it’s more of a ministry, it’s me using the gift God has given me to reach out to others with his love, and whether or not I’m told every time I write stuff about him, lessons are learnt, people are blessed and the kingdom expands and that in itself is a blessing.
   Last night I was reading the book of Ezra, in chapter 3 and verse 12, something struck me, the children of Israel were crying for joy because of the foundation of the new temple that had been laid while those who had seen the glory of the former one built by Solomon cried in sadness. Something came to my spirit in that moment, how we celebrate mediocre things in our lives. I got a picture of how a lot of us are celebrating little things in our lives when up in heaven God is weeping for us, how we are convenient with the little anointing in our lives and feel like we are prophets already when God has got more for us and is sad because we can’t see the glory. When I read through a commentary to understand better it brought something else to my heart; the issue of sin, it was sin that led to the destruction of the first temple, and now people who were to be rejoicing at the expansion of the previous temple were now rejoicing at the foundation laying of a less greater temple. If anything else we need run as far as we can from sin. Sin is the one thing that can sink a royal person to mediocre, and one shouting for joy while others look on and cry in pity for them. Now I’m not saying we should be unthankful for little beginnings, a lot of times after our sins it’s even more than we deserve, we ought to remain thankful.

Xoxo Busayo

No comments:

Post a Comment