Tuesday, May 13, 2014

EMBRACING GODS LOVE AND GRACE


I’ve had my own share of struggle with sin and when I came to know Christ I didn’t really understand the concept of his grace (as a matter of fact I’m still learning more about it), but I was far from where I am now, I used to think I had to prove my love to him in order for him to love me, and the only way I could prove it was to live right on my own. In the long run I’ve realized something he doesn’t expect us to attain perfection by ourselves, in fact I think  that’s why he tells us to be perfect so we’ll be dependent on him, we can’t do anything on our own its vain to think we can stand on our own. We’ll make decisions   and do things to be perfect, thinking we’re in control, but we never really are. God is. Its arrogance and pride to think we rule our lives and we can do it on our own. It’s an illusion. We’re never able to orchestrate a thing. It God who does it all and he’s the only one who can help us to stand.
     When I had struggles I’ve had to skip church under the pretext of on ailment or the other because I’d fallen into sin and sorta I wasn’t qualified to enter a church building or for that matter pray to him until I had stayed clean for maybe two to three weeks, but what I’ve realized is when I’ve sinned his love for me doesn’t reduce one bit, yes he’s disappointed but his love never changes, he loves me not based on my performance in the last week, when he says he’s blotted out my sins and he’d remember them no more he meant lets realize he’s not some girl in your class or office who’ll remind you years later its over, he loves me based on the performance of his son at Calvary. Do not let the cross be a waste over you, if could do it based on our performance then what’s the point of Calvary, and if Calvary was because we couldn’t do it ourselves, we owed the debt too large to be paid by our performance Calvary paid it embrace Calvary. Okay so I’m not asking you to sin on purpose, or saying its okay to sin all I’m saying is if and when you fall you needn’t sit back to  sulk or hurt you, how about you come to the big man in your brokenness and let him fix it all. God doesn’t judge you based on what you do but based on what Christ had done for you on calvary, hold on to this truth and embrace him.
  Today your only task is to embrace Gods love take his hand and let him lead and depend on his grace to move on the road may be rough and it may seem though. His grace is always sufficient. Don’t look at what you’ve done consider Calvary.
Xoxo Busayo


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. The grace of God is so amazing. God's love is unconditional. He hates the sin but would not reject His own. Thank You Lord for your wonderful grace. Thanks hun for this great reminder xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace beyond compare, love beyond comprehension, he is just flipping amazing. thanks hun for stopping by.xx

    ReplyDelete