Wednesday, May 14, 2014

FOR A PURPOSE

                                                           
I’m practically more sick than any other person I know, I mean even sicklers feel pity for my condition, I’ve struggled with sinusitis and asthma as well as some other in explainable complications, and really I used to feel so sorry for myself, I hated my condition and soon I started to hate myself. I looked at me as just a big fat sick mess, honestly it was so sad, a few weeks ago I was booked for what would have been my  6th surgery I asked God for a miracle but it seemed like he didn’t hear me according to my plan I wasn’t supposed to go to the hospital or even see a doctor I was just supposed to pray and maybe sleep and wake up and all would be over sadly I had to see a doctor get a CT scan done and even get booked for surgery, the miracle came right after a devastating result of the CT scan, and suddenly all the symptoms began to go of their own accord. Until a week ago I never understood the essence of all the suffering, last week I got talking with a friend of mine and as we were talking she told me of a friend of hers who was suffering from sinusitis and had been struggling with discouragement and inferiority because of her sick condition, she had even left school and was now attending classes from her home because of her “DIFFERENCE” from other people in her school and that people made fun of her in school, while we talked about her I felt it strongly in my spirit that she was one of the reasons God had me pass through all I did, I asked for her number, I spoke to her a day after and by the time I was done talking to her, it was clear she had hope, fresh hope in her spirits, I mean she’d not gone through all I’d gone through and hearing me talk and even stay in school was enough to encourage and challenge her, to not only go back to school but to hold on to Jesus.
Why am I sharing this story? I read 2 Corinthians 1:3-7, on Sunday evening and it brought a whole new perspective and understanding of suffering in Christ to me, it brought me to understand that when I suffered it was that I might receive the comfort of the holy spirit and Jesus and that when I have now suffered awhile Jesus would bring me out and help me pass on the comfort I’ve gotten from Christ to all who need the around me later on. So my dear friends while you may be going through suffering its for the glory ahead, it’s a privilege to share in the cross of Christ, that you may also share in the glory ahead, you suffering in Christ is to make you a light to others and inspiration and a source of hope to a thousand more who would yet go through all you’ve been through, we can’t skip the cross to glory, but there would always be the comforter to take you through it all. Trust him
Have a pleasant week ahead.

Xoxo Busayo

No comments:

Post a Comment