Monday, November 3, 2014

ON BEING A LADY


My dad, well not my biological dad but my dad all the same, my dad shared some5thing with me over the weekend, well not just me a host of us his daughters about being a lady, he said so much yeah but there’s just one thing I’d like to write a little piece on.
   Don’t you just hate it when guys are rude to you? Or when guys decide to step on you without any single show of courtesy? Or about how guys can’t be gentlemanly around you? Yeah its something a lot of us contend with on a daily basis yeah? But do you ever think the problem is with guys or with you, I mean if you’d evaluate it you’re the constant in the whole equation, do you ever think the problem may just be you. Because it really might be you. I mean a lot of us ladies can be really rude and we wonder why people are rude to us. Severally people would treat you only how you’ve treated them (not always tho) but most times people reactions to you is only a direct representation of your own reaction to them. You want guys to be polite with you yeah? Then be polite to them. In my daddy’s words “The more you act like a lady, the more you bring out the gentlemanly sideo f the boys and men in your life” “when you ask nicely and gently, you’ll be surprised about the reaction it evokes in others”. Yeah what does he mean by acting like a lady? Being a lady is about being kind, being polite, being a genuine friend, being caring and being compassionate, and most of all believing the best about others and yourself. You have no idea how much your words affect the men, meet up with great men and one thing that seems common to most of them is their mothers words, you’ll hear them say things like my mother said this to me or that to me and that was it. Being a lady also involves having seasoned words, not being a scatter mouth.
   Now from experience people have often mistaken my being a lady for flirting. Errm that’s really common, it’s because ladies are scarce all the men meet are femen! (Yeah I just made a word) femen( female men) women who are almost men except for their physical bodies, so its normal for people to confuse you ladylike attitude for flirting, but its not enough reason to stop being a lady, gradually they realize it’s just who you are and not you being a flirt, and in the end it all works for the good.
lots of love
Meshelamia B. Kehinde

1 comment: