Thursday, November 27, 2014

LITTLE PEOPLE


God has taught me so much about little people in the past few months, but lately I learnt something new and I hurt for the little people. When I think about little people I think of the poor in the society, the less privileged and the oppressed. But I got a little understanding about little people by reading about a man named Josh; Josh was the only son of his mother, his mother expected him to earn a degree, possibly become a professor or even become a footballer, but things became bad when josh dropped out of college to become a tow truck driver, josh’s mom was so ashamed she wouldn’t talk about him in public, things got worse when he had an accident, no one knew how the accident happened but he was incapacitated and unemployed for a while spent all he had on treatment and started having to borrow from family, it was real crazy for Josh, not long after however he died, only after his death did his mom realize who he truly was, she got to know how much he cared and showed love to all who lived around him, how he cared for a couple with down’s syndrome, how he bought groceries daily for a poor widow, but most of all how he had the accident; he was trying to rescue two girls out of harm’s way when he was hit by a truck.
    We all have people like Josh in our lives, people who by our own measure are failures, maybe for you a failure is one who doesn’t love God, or someone who isn’t educated, maybe by your own standards a failure is one who is unhealthy, or maybe you think a failure is someone who cant do a few things. Today I’d love everyone to reach out to those we see as little, Jesus was about the little, the least, the lonely, the oppressed, and he is our perfect example. I have a friend who by my standards may be seen as little but being with him has broken me overtime, I’ve seen the redeemed side of him and I know he might seem little in the meantime but there is a giant who loves and cares inside him, all he needs is a little love, someone to be proud of him even as terrible as his life may seem. Today I want everyone reading this to reach out to those little people you know, maybe a friend, a family member who seems like the black sheep, a distant relative, somebody, anybody and let the love of God in your heart embrace them, hold them and let them know they are good enough and certainly worth loving.  Because we all need a little love.
Love always
Busayo Kehinde

3 comments:

  1. **waves** Hiya mamacita...Oh wow!...I am touched mehn...buh you are right..Lemme say a lil something before I talk bout this post...I have always wanted to drop a comment here....I think it was the day I read something bout devil sympathy or something, it was 2 days after my birthday and I was very touched....I am a big fam mami...I really love the way you write...as for this post, mami, I believe I got tons of people like Josh in my life so I don't take anyone's care and affection for nothing and I don't look down on anyone....buh here is the thing, I believe in reciprocity too....If I show you how much I care/worry bout your life, I expect you to reciprocate by doing things that wouldn't get me worried...right?....I mean..you can't hug someone who dropped his hands to his side - that wouldn't be a hug, would it?...Anyhoo...That is how I feel bout this post....Good job mami..

    everydaytibs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that comment dear, you totally made me smile. But permit me to differ a little on the issue of reciprocity, I think not everyone who we meet is supposed to love us, some are there just for you to help them know that they are worth being loved.
      People who are considered failures like Josh would find it hard to embrace others back, but keep on embracing them and one day you'll be embraced in return.
      Does that make any sense?

      Delete
  2. yea it does, how simple the christian life is only our reasoning complicates it God help me love the little people around and even within me

    ReplyDelete