Saturday, April 26, 2014

REST



Hello people its been a while, trust you all have been doing well, I’m good and most well, back in school (stress begins) anyway that gives me more things to write about, trust me there’s plenty of drama here than in any Jim Iyke nollywood flick you’ll see(lol). But honestly, there’s drama and don’t worry I’d write whatever I learn from every drama I see here.
  I’ve been reading my bible differently of recent and trust me it’s been more amazing than I ever imagined it would be, plus every day I learn a new thing, from the lives of bible characters. For a long time I read about the story of the prophet who was instructed by God not to rest and decided to rest and was led astray by an old prophet and ended up being killed, and I simply said he disobeyed and left it at that, however as I read Genesis 11:31-32 I realized there were several others like him, in Genesis 11 31 my bible tells me    
Terah took his son Abram, his grandson Lot son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law Sarai, the wife of his son Abram, and together they set out from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to Canaan. But when they came to Haran, they settled there. Terah lived 205 years, and he died in Haran”
Reading this I realized all they wanted to do was rest, excuse me? What is wrong with resting? Truly there Is nothing wrong with resting, but we need realize most times what we refer to as a rest could be where we would end our lives, when I think of these stories further I realize there had to be something comfortable about the places that these two men settled to rest that caused them to rest, then it occurred to me “settling for less” a lot of us are and still settle for less because it close to the best, there had to be something beautiful about Haran yes it may not be like Canaan but it wasn’t bad either so Terah decided to rest, he had Canaan in mind came to Haran and figured it wasn’t too bad and settled there and died there. A whole lot of us are comfortable at whatever position we are today, we know this is not what God has in store for us but its quite comfy so we can rest there, beware of resting on your way because most times a rest spot could become a permanent abode for one.
Now what do we do to avoid resting or settling on our way to where God has in mind for us, its simple we need focus, focus on the GOAL, look at the big picture, focus on where you are going and make up your mind not to stop, determine not to stop(I know you’re thinking she’s saying determine I’ll write soon on the power of determination hope you’ll read it), and most of all fix your eyes on HIM and depend on HIS grace.
Xoxo Busayo



2 comments:

  1. I love it when a scripture comes alive with lessons we never saw therein.
    thanks for sharing this.
    will read this passage with new insight now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot for reading, Glad you"re blessed, God bless you

    ReplyDelete