Saturday, April 26, 2014

DEAL OR NO DEAL




When I was in junior secondary school, there was this thing we used to do, where you’ll give someone your breakfast in exchange for possibly their lunch or dinner or vice versa, most times, it worked out perfectly well and sometim3s not so, as the person who made the deal may have just made it because they were hungry or not controlled enough to eat theirs and be satisfied or wanted the food. A few days ago during my bible study I read Genesis 30:15, and as read it I was hit, in that scripture Rachel gave her husband to Leah, in exchange for her son’s mandrakes, and that night when Leah slept with Jacob she conceived again(something Rachael had been hoping would happen to her) I had questions in my heart. What if Rachael was to get pregnant that night and all because she could not control her appetite for food she sold her husband to another. It reminds me of the story of Jacob and Esau; we all know how it ended. Reading this scripture got me praying really much for self control, control over myself to know when to stop and when to say No, when to say Enough. To give me control over myself so I don’t give up something important for something as meager as a pot of porridge.
This goes beyond giving up things physically it also extends into our everyday lives, it involves us giving up our future glory for the vain things of today, it involves us moving with the tide of the day and giving up the future, it goes to every aspect of our lives, even down to our relationship, it knowing its not the right person but moving with it anyway to cure your boredom or because it feels good anyway so why not move with it.. It’s my prayer for you my amazing readers that God would give you self control to know when to stop and when to say no. so you’ll get to your future.

Xoxo Busayo  

No comments:

Post a Comment