Saturday, April 5, 2014

FREEDOM FROM ADDICTION II


In our previous post we discussed some of the steps to freedom, let me say at this point that in trying to be free we would fail and fall daily, its now you’re trying to be free you’ll come face to face with more temptations, the need to have Jesus in our hearts, without Jesus in our hearts when we fail we’ll get discouraged to fight, without Jesus we cant fight and win, at this point I don’t want to assume everyone reading this have asked him into their hearts  if you’ve not:   you can read through this simple prayer and if it makes enough sense to you say it to him with the whole of your heart “Dear God, I come to you today knowing that my life is pretty messy, and without you it’ll get worse, I’m sorry I’ve not acknowledged your death on Calvary but crucified you daily with my sins, I’m sorry and I ask that you come into my heart because I can’t fight and win without you. Amen”
Today we’ll be considering a few more steps to freedom from addictions
STEP 5: ESTABLISH BOUNDARIES
I’ve done a whole post on boundaries you can read it here, you need to build boundries, against whatever could lead you into temptations. This might involve lifestyle changes, it involves sacrificing, my papa once told me something he said “a wise man is one that Guards against his weakness” a life without boundaries Is one that is headed for disaster, you cant do everything and anything not because they are necessarily sinful but because they could lead you where you don’t want to go.
STEP 6: BUILD YOUR PRAYER LIFE
You’re possibly wondering why I’m bringing up prayer at this point, I’m sure you’d have expected it to be the first thing I’d write, while prayer is the most important factor that could make all the difference through this struggle we have to take physical steps, if I’d put prayer a lot of people would ignore the other steps they need to take on their own and sing “Jesus take the wheel”, and pray. We need to develop a very healthy and effective prayer life it would help a lot in the journey to freedom and even living free afterwards. Make out time for just you and God, most times fasting is also necessary and helpful.
STEP 7: SOAK YOURSELF IN THE SCRIPTURES
One of my spiritual papa’s Pst Morakinyo would tell me to “eat the word” he’d say “je bi onje” translated (eat it like its food) the word is food for the soul. Daily read the word bury yourself in the word read it meditate on it, picture it to capture it when you do this it digests in your soul and your spirit man. The bible says remember your creator now in the days of your youth before the difficult days come, read the word before you’re tempted and when you are tempted the word that has been digested is what would help you, the word is Gods good new for our bad situations, feed on it and soak yourself in it and find true freedom.


STEP 8: DEPEND ON HIS GRACE
Sometime a ago my papa Morakinyo sent me an sms when I had a little struggle he simply said to me “pls depend on his grace” then I realized something we can do our best to stand but if we try to stand in our own power we’ll fall severally and if finally succeed in standing we’d fall as quickly. So today I tell someone else as well DARE TO DEPEND ON HIS GRACE as you move into freedom.
That is all for today I hope this is blessing someone, if you prayed the prayer earlier and would like to talk with us you can leave an email busayokehinde81@gmail.com or 08038044814. I’d be glad to talk with you personally and help as much as I can. Gods blessings
Xoxo Busayo

  

No comments:

Post a Comment