Saturday, April 5, 2014

REFLECTIONS


    ‘You who created my innermost being, you knit me together in my mother’s womb, I praise you because I’m fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful. I know that full well”
I look in the mirror and my heart breaks at what I see, I see eyes that have see too much hurt too large and very ugly, I see cheeks which are either too chubby or just fall flat on my face, I see a nose so small I wonder if it was an afterthought, I see skin that do not glow because of its sensitivity, I see a scar, a sad scar that reminds me of all that has happened, the pains the hurts, the surgeries.
     I see papa on Tuesday and all he sees is pretty, he tells me I look  beautiful even before I can speak, he tells me to read psalm 139:13-18, I try to read scriptures  but it hurts too much but it’s true. How did I ever look in the mirror and see ugly, how could I even say it? How could I call me ugly? It’s rude and impolite to my creator who has made me fearfully and wonderfully. Its rude to say it to me. Why then did I say it? He did it the small “he” he blinded me from the right, he drew attention to the imperfections, he turned my eyes from the good because he figured if I saw the good I’d have no need for him  no more nor his vices. But the BIG G, the creator the one who formed me, wouldn’t let me continue in his lies; he’s opened my eyes to see the truth.
    I look in the mirror now and I see beautiful, no not sexy or hot, I see pretty. I see the largest prettiest eyes, eyes that glow in excitement all the time, I see eyes that have seen messes as well as mercies, eyes that have see pains as well as gains, eyes that have shed plenty tears, I guess the tears were just eye washing cus  I see bright eyes, I see a tiny nose, that has been exposed to torture but somehow has pulled through and still functions perfectly, I see lips, the cutest ones at that, pink and lovely I don’t even need to wear lipsticks to achieve my pink. He let me have it naturally. I see cheeks chubby from feeding properly health as well as peace, and sometimes flat after a stressful semester (I mean that’s why there’s school), I see skin very sensitive even a faint pen could draw a tattoo on, the sensitivity tells me how special I am, it speaks of fragile nature, a precious one to be handled with utmost care, it gives me the understanding of the fact that I’m worth more than gold, I’m not to be held, pulled or moved without utmost care(Dear future husband beware :P heheheh). And most of all I see a scar, a scar that reminds me of pain and where I’ve been through and also reminds me of the one who brought me through, a scar which reminds me of travail as well as triumph, I see a scar a pointer to the fact that God is a the healer, a scar that gives hope to others. I see a scar that shows the potency of the whole “there’s light at the end of the tunnel, and of my journey through the tunnel and gives me courage to embrace the light.
So today to you oh lord who created my innermost being, you knit me together in my mother’s womb, I praise you because I’m fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful. I’m thankful you oh Lord who ordained my days before the camee I’m thankful, you who holds me in your hands, I’m always going to be grateful.
    I’m sure when you created me it was your own way of showing of your amazing creativity. I have no doubt in my heart that when God made me he must have been thinking “BEAUTIFUL SOMETHING”
 Xoxo Busayo

OH! Big happy birthday to my dear little baby Temiloluwa, I wish you all of Gods love today and always. Love you muchos.




No comments:

Post a Comment