Thursday, October 31, 2013

ME AND MY MOUTH Ever been in a place and people are talking about an issue (possibly something unpleasant you are struggling or suffering from) and someone makes a statement like “ME! GOD FORBID I WOULD NEVER DO SUCH”. Okay now I have a feeling most people don’t get me. So how about I give some practical instances. On one occasion I was in a room with two girls and they were discussing about the kind of partners the wanted and after a while on said “he has to be healthy o! I can’t marry an AS or an asthmatic patient o, before he’ll die in my hands or I’ll now give birth to a sickle cell” now I’m both an asthmatic patient and I’ve got AS as my genotype. It might not have been their intention to offend me however they did. Now that happened about a year ago but occasionally it comes to mind and it hurts me, it annoys me and sometime it even scares me-the thought that someone might love me but not be able to go far with me because I’m asthmatic or an AS scares me out of almost every relationship. Another time I was in a Christian gathering( not a church tho ) and while we were there our talk kind of got around some issues and they got to something I was struggling with at the time and while they were talking someone made a mean remark about those who have such struggles and that dropped my spirit big time another time I thought I’d tell someone this Christian girl around us made a face showing disgust (now maybe she didn’t make the face because of me) but because someone had made a remark earlier I felt it was because of me so I didn’t say anything again. I decided to give these two examples to portray how what we say affects others around us. As I write this I realize how many times I’ve said things to hurt others without even knowing, I just say things because It’s what I think, for instance I don’t see how possible it is for somebody to have a gp of below 3.5, but people have it and it’s not because they don’t work hard we’re just different and we all have our different struggles and our struggle is unique to each individual once I said “I’m responsible for what I say and not what you understand” however now I know better. Next time we want to talk let’s consider the fact that everybody has their own struggle hence the need to be mindful of what we say as we have no idea what the people we’re talking with are struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment