Friday, October 25, 2013

DEAR BOAZ: DON'T MOVE WITH THE FLOW


 It's Friday again, this time two weeks ago I’d have made plans to clear all my schedule for the weekend and go to my "boyfriend" Demola's house. Actually Demola was never really my boyfriend as he never asked me out o, however while I did all the chores of a girlfriend he never corrected me so we just kept on moving with the flow, However I was careful not to introduce him to anybody as my boyfriend, and every time his hungry friends came to his house and ate the food I had so painstakingly prepared and would keep calling me "our wife" I never stopped them from calling that neither did I accept it. Demola never said anything about our relationship or whatever it is we were doing neither did I ever ask.
Anyway we kept on moving with the flow until this Friday, Demola came to pick me as he always did on Fridays, I walked majestically to the passenger seat as I opened the door I saw a babe there I was shocked at first but my 1000th sense told me she was his sister, or maybe a cousin or the daughter to one of his moms friend or something else, so with these thoughts I walked like a boss to the back and sat there like a boss, few minutes later Damola turned to me smiled and introduced me to the babe as his best friend who was more like a sister to him and introduced her to me as his fiancée, trust me 50 waves of shock hit me in succession, I had an instant brain riot but somehow in the midst of all these I managed a polite smile and a “nice to meet you” to the babe. Minutes later I told Demola I was going to be dropping off at the bus stop close to my mom’s as I had earlier planned to spend the weekend with my  mom and see him the next day, then his babe turned to me and said “Demola said you always spend the weekend with him, you can’t change that because of my presence” honestly I felt like slapping her in that moment but I politely smiled at her and said “no its not you I just haven’t seen my mum in a long time and she’s been calling to see me so I thought I could surprise her this weekend” as I finished my statement we got to the bus stop I came down immediately managed a quick polite goodbye and left. When they drove off I practically ran the rest of the way home, thankfully there was no one in when I got home so I ran to my bed room and threw myself on my bed and before I knew it I had tears on my cheeks and screamed “dear BOAZ where are you?
*in my diary*
Dear Boaz how long would it take you to come out of whatever hole you’re hiding? Where you created to frustrate my prayer life? You know I’ve prayed for you ever since I knew how to talk? How many more people would I slave for abi how many more times would I be friend zoned or sister zoned before you come out. To be honest I’m getting tired.
Hey people I hope you had a good week and I hope you enjoyed my story, I’d be writing on “DEAR BOAZ” for the next few Fridays hopefully God will use these to teach single people new things. Have a great God filled weekend.
Ps: it’s not a real story just a figment of my imagination. And to those still moving with the flow it’s about time you define whatever it is you’re doing and know where you actually stand
…..xoxo honeydrops………………………………………………………………………







No comments:

Post a Comment