Sunday, December 28, 2014

MY FRIEND, MY GOD


I have/used to have a friend, he was/is a very amazing person, he’s cares, he listens, he seems to understand it all and stuff, but what I loved about him the most was his love for Jesus, I mean if anyone has Jesus he does in overflowing measures.
  The problem is gradually I started to love the Jesus in him more than Jesus himself, if I had any struggle I was bound to run to him, if I fell into any sin I’d call or text him, if I  had a headache he would be the only one I’d tell, I would only cry when I was with him. I didn’t realize what I had started to do until God in his infinite mercy pointed out this sin to me, call it idolizing, call it worship, I’m not sure what to call it but I had gradually replaced my need for God with the presence of this my friend, I had even stopped praying to God about my problems myself, I’ll just tell him and somehow I had told God in my mind, if I sat through any service and had to imaging Jesus all I did was picture my friend, my life stopped being guided by what will jesus do it became what would my friend do. In plain terms I depended on this friend for my daily dose of Joy and peace, or like I’d say he became my oxygen. If I didn’t talk to him in a day I’d end up sad and totally depressed, his voice was my spirit lifter I felt like a burden on him I mean he had his own life, but what could I do? I had made him my all. I didn’t even have one reasonable conversation with God the entire time except for my morning devotion and trust me I spent he devotion trying to read as my friend would do, he had gradually become my perfect example. By the time all these were happening where was my need for God? In fact one day I was writing his name I wroke his first name, followed by his second name and I wrote Jesus before his surname. He had become like Jesus to me.
When God pointed out this sin to me I was in the middle of another one of my struggles, now at this point I’d love to say it’s not wrong to have someone in your life to be with you to go to battles with you, to pray with you, to give you moral support through your struggle, the problem with mine was I had him go to battle for me, I had him pray for me and I piled my struggle on him. The only one who is permitted to battle for us is Jesus and the only one we’re permitted to pile all our troubles on his Jesus. But in my case I had done that to man and that was the problem. When I was shown what I had been doing I went back to God in the middle of my trouble and I asked for his mercy and unlike other times when I’ll look to my friend or wait for him to give me a word for my season I went to God and I wept I told him how sorry I was and I purposely took out time to stay off pouring my challenges on my friend but I made another mistake tho, I decided to deal with things myself and things quickly got worse until one evening I took out time to just let God have his way and place in my life and I made peace with my friend. Now I don’t even remember to run so much to my friend in my troubles I just pour it all on God and go about my regular activities without feeling like a burden to anyone because at na him say “pile all your troubles on me” and its exactly what I’m doing. Now I’m at peace knowing I have my all in God and a friend who could give me moral support if I ever need it.

1 comment: