Wednesday, December 17, 2014

LESSONS FROM 2014 PART 5: PUT IT ON

I can’t wear this dress to church today its way too cool for this church sef” I said to myself on Sunday morning so I put the too pretty dress back at the bottom of my box where I kept dresses for special occasions, I got this dress almost a year ago and I’ve never gotten to wear it even once, there’s not been any occasion worthy of the dress, I’m waiting for the befitting occasion. Today I’m folding this same dress and putting at the bottom of a box just not my special box this time it’s the box for welfare materials, its just so sad I never even got to wear the dress and now I have to give it out ‘cos I recently put on a little weight and so the dress doesn’t fit anymore, its way too tight and not the sexy kind of tight, the suffocating kind of tight, if I ever wear that dress I’d look like I robbed my little niece or cousin of their dress.
     I and my friend were talking earlier and she told me about a dress she was given, she decided no occasion was good enough for the dress so she kept it at the bottom of her box and in the end the dress was stolen before the “worthy occasion” even ever came. Just like my dress I have at the bottom of my box a whole lot of us have talents and abilities God has given to us that we’ve so kept at the bottom of our boxes, some of us can sing for instance but we don’t want to join our church choir possibly because we still attend church with our parents and our churches are full of predominantly aged people, now we forget that old people die and the last time we see them at church might really be their last on earth how would you feel if you realized that the last hymn you sang in the choir was the song that turned their hearts towards Christ and they died after that service, a lot of us can write but we wouldn’t because it’s not the popular thing no one reads anything longer than a tweet these days but that’s just a lie someone once told me how he read something I wrote about my life when he was at the verge of suicide and he refused to take his life again, some of us can act but we are comfortable keeping that talent under our box, we’re good in the arts, we’re good in dancing I recently stumbled on this EDIFY dance group it’s an amazing form of evangelism, even paper work, decoration, making dresses and plenty other stuff, sadly the lives of others may be tied to the manifestation of our bottom box talent “the earth waits in earnest expectation for the manifestation of the sons of God” I know some of us could be doing stuff and it feels like it’s the only talent we’ve got I believe there’s more we have within us and I’m not sure of how long I have on earth but I have to effectively utilize all that HE has put in me so when I go to be with him I’ll show him the fruits of all he’s put in me. Enough of our bathroom singing, behind closed door dancing, inside our journal writing, acting alone in front of the mirror, pick up your bottom box clothes(talents) and put them on, put them on to the saloon, put them on to church on Sunday, put them on to visit a friend, put them on when you’re going to buy ice cream, put them on when you just want to take a stroll, put them on to sleep :D, sing everywhere you go, dance like your life depended upon it, because everywhere you are or go to is worthy and deserves to have a feel of that special thing in you.

Love always
Busayo Kehinde
                                                                 
                                                                

4 comments:

  1. Hello ma, Wow I love this write up. What an inspiration. I would really like to know and read your post more. I jst came across ur post link on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by. And you're welcome hopefully this won't be ur last visit. You can view more posts on this blog.
    Xx Busayo

    ReplyDelete
  3. #enough of the journal writing..go all out and share them already.
    Our gifts aren't for us,they are for others.
    Other souls need them..

    ReplyDelete
  4. #enough of the journal writing..go all out and share them already.
    Our gifts aren't for us,they are for others.
    Other souls need them..

    ReplyDelete