Wednesday, September 17, 2014

THANKFUL!!!


A few hours after I finished writing this piece to scream out my hearts gratitude to God, mom returned from work with news that a friend to the family had stopped breathing, my siblings and I stood praying hoping for a miracle few hours later daddy called with the news we'd been dreading and before we knew his death certificate was all we had. I wondered why God let him go we prayed for him to be healed and free, but I understand now that he's free well free than we'd ever imagined. He was set free never to know pain again. I thank God for him. So that won't hinder my gratitude cos I know God z got him.
Here’s something i do all the time i write about how faithful and kind God has been to me and how thankful i am for all he’s been doing, it was on my mind to do that also today but on waking up this morning i realized i had no reason to be thankful for, first i woke up with a headache and serious cold, second there was no light so i’d have to be bored all day, oh and did i forget to  add my laptop crashed recently which has just ruined a lot for me, i mean my laptop is the bestest thing i love, i could live without everything but not my laptop, my laptop is my first born, my personal baby, the only something i love, its really my special something, plus my big daddy and my spiritual father has been transferred from my reach not just one oh two of them. For all these and many more reasons i have no reason to be thankful.
  But let me shock my stupidity all these are reasons why i should be thankful, i woke up with headaches i should be thankful that my body system functions properly and it’s able to communicate stimulus and feelings even if that feeling is PAIN! A whole lot of people have lost the ability to feel and would pay to just feel anything again, I should be thankful that each time i know pain its another opportunity for God to show himself again as the healer in my life, i should be thankful that even with the headache i can stand up have breakfast, put on my makeup and brush my hair, people my age and even younger die daily but even when pain is so much on me my keeper didn’t see it fit to take me away, i should be grateful! I should be thankful i have eyes to see and even know when there is light or not, i should be thankful i have a home, if i didn’t have one would i even be concerned about light?, i’m thankful i could sleep and wake up, i’m thankful for my mind because i have the mind of Christ, i’m thankful for the creative power God has endowed me with and caused me to write, i’m thankful for my laptop(my special something) it’s been my companion through a lot of times in my life, i’m thankful for my family i’m not sure how much i could have taken without them and I’m thankful for the lessons I’ve learnt from being with them, i’m thankful for my friends and special parents much as they’ve been transferred I’m thankful God let me know them, i’m thankful for another special family i have at school Worship house family, my heart swells with love for them, I’m thankful for the times I’ve had to cry, ehn ehn did you know tears wash the eyes?(yinmu i’m just saying o), so each time I cry its God washing my eyes so I could see what's next, I’m thankful for love, I’m thankful for my bible, I’m thankful for my fingers the ones i use to type daily they never get tired and they seem to get faster daily, i’m thankful for my eyes they are beautifully big, I’m thankful for my hair its not as long as that of that girl in that Indian movie but its not falling out because I’m suffering from cancer, I’m thankful i have God, i’m thankful i’m not scared anymore, I’m thankful i have a friend i could really disturb (I’d write your name if you’d never see this but I have no guarantee, but if you do see this I’m sure you’d know it’s you :P), I’m thankful there is God and he is no man, and most I’m thankful for God’s plans for my life, they are beautiful I know that well. For these and many more reasons i am indeed thankful.
What about you? Thankful or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment