Monday, September 15, 2014

I’M NO GOOD


I’m no good
When I say I’m no good
I don’t mean I’m like evil
I’m not the practical bad person
I’m just no good
Unattractive, ugly, needy, messy,
Hard hearted, unkind, stupid, untalented,
So you see I’m not bad I’m just no good
And because I’m no good I needed a compliment
Just a compliment! “Maybe it was going to make
Me feel good” I thought
So I started to search I gave my heart to everyone who came by
In exchange for a compliment, just someone to say I was beautiful
No I didn’t want “hot” I didn’t want to be called “sexy”
I wanted beautiful! Was that too much to ask??
But I remember quite a few “you’re just there” or “you’re not really ugly”
And worse “you’re ugly” but no one ever said pretty or beautiful.
I wasn’t going to give up, there had to be someone out there who thought I was special
So I continued to give my heart to all until there was no more heart ‘cause everyone I
Gave me to ripped a piece of my heart and fed it to the pigs, I watched in horror as pigs fed on my heart
How bad could it be that only pigs would want my heart.
And then I met him, he sure had to have a compliment somewhere in all his cuteness
I wanted to give me to him for a compliment, but there was nothing left of me
Except for a torn and mess in place of a heart, and a sick and disfigured body.
But he loved me that way, even when I didn’t love him, he loved me anyway
And now I was willing to give me to him, he wanted me, he was willing to take
My messed up heart as an offering ‘cause I had nothing to bring to the altar
He not only took the heart he HEALED the heart, he didn’t give me the compliment I wanted
He gave me a lot more than a compliment.
The HE who created my inmost being, who knit me together in my mother's womb.
The one who made me fearfully and wonderfully, the one who says I’m incredibly special!
He’s the HE, the KING, the I AM, the FRIEND, the LOVE and the one who lives inside of me!
I’m no good still, but now he who is all good lives on my inside and that is all I need.
I’m no good yet but I’m certainly great and more I’m kingdom!

3 comments:

  1. Your words and Heart are as Beautiful! You have Blessed with Inner and Physical Beauty! :)

    Keep the Faith and Have a Tremendous Day! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm grateful dearie. Thanks for the comment ND thanks for reading. God bless ND I love you.

      Delete
  2. You are beautiful, beautiful enough for God himself to love you...where it matters the most, in your heart, you are beautiful.
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete