Monday, September 8, 2014

HOPE

Hi guys its been forever! this post has been ready for over a week but due to circumstances beyond me i couldnt put it up, but its better late than never. lots of love

31st August 2012
10:00 am
  I’ve been up since 5am praying, hoping for a miracle in a few hours I’ll be wheeled into the theatre for what would be my 4th surgery unfortunately its going to be one of the most traumatic ones and  I’ll return from theatre with a scar. At about 10am the nurse walks in, gives me the blue OR dress few minutes late she comes in with a plaster my name, age and details of the surgery is written on the plaster and its taped to my hand like a wrist watch possibly in case I die or I’m disfigured beyond recognition there’ll be the identity, I sat on the bed listening to Lara George’s “Emi a rire” something about that song gave me hope so I listened to it and replayed over and over the part of the song that says “ iku ole pa mi translated “death cannot kill me and no matter what  the pain that I feel I know there’s no mistake” at about 10:30 the theatre attendant come to take me to the theatre, the journey to the theatre was possibly the longest I’d ever embarked on, in the 5 minutes it took us to get to the theatre memories of the whole 16 years I’d spent on earth flashed before me, and I knew my family would be changed forever if I didn’t make it and before I knew it I had tears streaming down my eyes I took one last look at the outside world, gave mom a shaky smile through my tears one last time and then I was taken into the theatre, in the theatre several machines were connected to various parts of my body and a mask was placed over my nose for me to take in the oxygen, I was told to count my numbers from one to ten “1,2,3,4,5,6….,..7….. that was the last I said before I lost consciousness…………….
31st August 2012
6:00pm
I woke up to the smell of blood and there was pain real pain, painkillers were being injected into my body to kill the pain, the pain was less physical, the physical pain was secondary and very bearable my heart was huer, my soul and spirit were broken and no amount of pain killers could heal that! I opened my eyes and saw mom, I was late wheeled back to the ward I never saw how I looked until three days later.
2 years on……………..
31st August 2012
It’s exactly two years since that horrid Thursday morning, my life has never again been the same there have been pain, post surgical abscesses, there’s been pain there’s been allergies there’s been struggle, but above it all there’s been healing, my life has never been the same again and may never be same again but for the most part it’s been positive change, today I’m thankful for the pains because if not for them how would I have known God as my healer, my peace and my defense, it’s not been an easy route but it’s been worth it, like my bible says in psalm 30:5 “weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning” there’s been the nights of weeping but finally there’s joy. Yes in our lives there would be pain and we can decide to haphazardly move through life and bear it all alone or we could got to Jesus and believe he’s going to walk with us through it all above all let our hope lie in the fact that after the pain would come the healing and he wont just heal the physical body he’ll heal the soul and finally the spirit also. And yes God is always in control, he’s bigger and always king over our lives.  If only we’ll be patient enough and HOPE! Today I could safely say if I could go back to years before today there’s nothing I would pray to change, because without all of it I would never have grown, known all I know now or even be close to who I am today.
                                                                                                                                              Lots of love
                                                                                                                                           Busayo Kehinde






No comments:

Post a Comment