Tuesday, September 16, 2014

LOST IN BAR BEACH

I remembered an incidence from when I was a little child, myself my mom and my elder sister had gone to bar beach at Lagos with a family friend, I didn’t like horses at the time so while every other person was having fun with the horses I sat with mom  at the shore  everything was going fine until mom went to get something for me from our picnic bag and as she left the waves started coming towards me now anyone who knows me knows I could be really fearful and when I’m scared I literally lose my mind, here’s what I did I got up and ran as far as I could from the waves, as I ran from the waves I ran from my family(the people I was supposed to be with) as well as where mom had put me to sit. Mom went to get something for me and came back and couldn’t find me she got worried and was searching like crazy for me, while me? I had no idea i was even lost, mom found me among some wannabe musicians at the beach with their banjo’s and guitars and playing music for me and me i was drinking fanta and smiling and enjoying the music (lol)
I was trying to catch a little sleep this afternoon when this memory came to mind, i wondered why at first but now I think I understand a little more, like me a whole lot of us are ‘’lost in bar beach’’ in real life and we have no idea we are lot, we saw stuff that scared us or threatened us and we decided we couldn’t face it so we thought to run away, and somehow we’ve run and we’re comfortable where we are like my experience we’re drinking fanta among wannabe singers and dancing to their music. When I think of that experience I just picture what could have happened if mom hadn’t found me at the time she did and night started to draw, my company would have left (obviously none of them would have taken me home) and then what next?  Or if one of them decided to take me home I wonder what I’d be today I’d possibly be one chic shaking my bum on a music video or something. Now let’s come to real life a lot of people are enjoying false companionship because they are scared of being forever lonely, some are settling for a life of falsehood because they are scared of who they are, unfortunately night is gon come soon and everyone who we’ve found false company with would find their way home and we’d be torn between two options either to go to the home of another (which shouldn’t be our home) or to go back to where we’ve run from and try to find our way back. I think it’s about time for us to evaluate or lives and be sure of where we are, because those who are not supposed to be with you until forever can’t be with you until forever and when they leave you’re still gon have to go back to whatever it is you’ve run from to get your forever. For me I was lost in bar beach and i was found real early so I’m way lucky but it’s worse to be lost in life. Don’t ever give fear the upper hand and have fear cause you to get lost in life.
                                                                                                                                                Lots of love
                                                                                                                                                       Busayo

No comments:

Post a Comment