Saturday, November 30, 2013

MY THOUGHTS I don’t know if you’ve ever thought of this at one point or the other in your life. I got to Lagos airport really late last night my parents were out of town therefore there was no one for me to hurry home to so I took my time and didn’t even mind coming home with the last flight, all was well until a few minutes into the flight a man stood up and walked past me and I knew it was him, he looked same as the last time I saw him, It took heavenly intervention for me not to get up and go under my seat, “how in God’s name did I get on the same plane as this guy?” as I was trying to think of what to do he came back in, immediately saw him come in I began digging my purse for things that were not missing, he passed and didn’t give me as much as a glance the entire flight and if nothing else I was so relieved when the plane landed, however that was when the worst happened, as I made to exit the plane I felt a hand on my hand a hand that was unmistakably his, I had felt his hands on my body all too much not to know how his hands felt, anyway I turned pretending surprise, and then I looked at his eyes and it all came back again and I was wondering again why I left him in the first place “it’s been a while and I’m really happy to see you” he said to me I didn’t talk as I knew if I did I was going to stammer and he was going to read meaning to my stammering so I quickly offered a quick smile shook myself free of his grip and hurriedly walked to my car and baba my driver took me home. On getting home I ran into my room, I started to think and for the first time since I got born-again I felt like my life was way easier before I got born again, then I didn’t have to fight him when all I really wanted to do was be with him, normally before I got born again I would have gone home with him and we would have gotten nasty that night but here I was fighting him with all I could, the fight was killing me I felt like a child overdosing on asthma attack, the room gradually began to feel too small and chocked up for me, I was still in this state when I heard my room door open and as I looked up I couldn’t believe it he wasn’t really standing there, I must have passed out and was in an unconscious state or I was just simply imagining things, but no I wasn’t he was really there he walked up to my bed sat next to me and in his sexiest voice he whispered some empty nonsense to me the only thing I could make out from all he said was “kiss me” and I that instant I didn’t mind I was saved, I did what I always did before I found God, I kissed him and before I knew it he was reaching for the zip to my dress, it was at that point I regained control of myself and pushed him away but he wouldn’t go we started to struggle, I was getting weak I wanted to give in, at the same time I knew what always happened after we did it, thank God for Caro who brought in my dinner at that time and he had to leave me alone. I don’t know how many of you can relate to this feeling, we are saved and after we are saved we are tempted and suddenly want to go back because it takes a lot to fight temptation and yielding is easier, or we feel our lives were less restricted before we found Christ but now with Christ there is a lot we can’t do like those simple white lies we told without guilt, times we didn’t have money and we are tempted to alter some financial reports e.t.c. I don’t know if anyone else feels that way, once in a while I feel like that however every time it happens I realize that going back is like leaving the one who loves me totally and really for a one night stand with an abusive overlord, of that the proverbs are true a dog that returns to its vomit, more times than I’ll like to admit I’ve thought that way, but today I realize that every time I’m faced with situations like that it’s like heaven and hell are watching you waiting to see who will win over your life, keep this picture in your mind daily and it’ll help you every time you get into such situations. Have a great day and bear in mind “you life could not and would not be any better without Christ in it.” Xoxo Busayo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for dis.
    Its always a struggle btw d new life and d old,but like I read on teshuva 2day,let d old stay dead.
    God's grace is sufficient to help us and let us continually strive not to let satan win.
    God help us as we all do because like u said,without Christ,our lives will b empty.we can't afford to keep Christ at arms lenght because of sin.
    Greater grace to see us thru,Amen.

    ReplyDelete