Saturday, October 11, 2014

THE SCARIEST THING


There is so much in life that sometimes I basically conclude that all of life is scary, I mean death is scary, as much as change is constant change is scary, I mean I think change is one thing that scares me most. isn't amazing how all of life just changes in a matter of minutes, how one phone call, one medical report, one wrong turn on the road and all of life changes. How three days ago she was a married woman with four kids and today she's a widow with just a child, how yesterday you had five siblings and today you've got just three, how you suddenly go from being the one the whole family depended upon to begin the one depending on others because of a disability or something, its scary its hurtful, its threatening.
 As a matter of fact I recently transitioned from being the healthy child in my family to being the only unhealthy one, there is nothing as scary as long late night trips to emergency rooms of various hospitals time and again, having doctors who look like the only thing they can do is put on heels and hold iPad and chew gum prick my veins. You have no idea how is almost kills me when I have to beg people to help me do things I normally would do myself without wasting any time but can't do again because of my health. The uncertainty of life scares me, the idea that tomorrow is not even guaranteed, the idea that those I love would leave me either by choice, compulsion, or even death, all of these is scary.
  But in the midst of all these there is only one thing that is most scary; its going through this life all alone, its going through your challenges alone, its going all out without Christ. I mean with Christ we know that even if everyone would leave JESUS STAYS, that even if you don't see tomorrow you'll be spending forever in heaven with JESUS, that even if your health fails you can count on Gods strength, that God's always got you, and most of all with Christ we have hope that his faithfulness is great and no matter how dark the night might be his JOY COMES IN THE MORNING. We live in an uncertain world and its all scary in there, but death isn't the scariest thing, change isn't it either, the scariest thing is going through life without God, no matter how much you let go of in life don't ever let go of Christ and don't even let God have a reason to let go of you, do all you can to keep you and God cool like that, cos if u ever loose him then you'll be the biggest looser and you'll face the scariest thing in life.            Love Busayo

4 comments:

  1. So True!

    Busayo, your literary skills live up to your Beautiful Names Add to Joy, second Born of Twins (okay I was born and live in the US and had to Google) Girl, you are a Wonderfully Gifted Writer! Your work is as Beautiful as it is Intelligent and Inspiring! :)

    I'm sadden that you have ongoing health issues. I too have been Blessed with sickness, I say Blessed because it drew me Closer to Our Lord! In return helped me grow as a person ... I can never be as good as I would like to be, but am better than what I was ... hope ;)

    Having been "given up for dead" as my doctor said, it's impossible for me to explain to others just how difficult it is to depend on others to help with the simplest of everyday tasks that I took for granted!

    I just prayed for you, your family and all of our Sisters and Brothers! May God Comfort, Bless, Heal, Mend, Protect and keep you in His Loving and Beautiful Hands Always! :)

    Yes indeed without Jesus Christ we could never get to know God and that is truly Scary!

    Thank you! Keep the Faith! God Bless! Have a Beautiful Day Busayo! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. my darling I almost had tears in my eyes reading ur comment, I thank God for u, and I do not hope but I know ur health is blessed beyond ur imaginations, and all would add up together for us for the glory of the king. I love you deep from my heart. God bless you. Lol thanks to google I just learnt something new about my name. I had no idea it was a twin name. Keep showing Jesus ND I love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are indeed blessed beyond major. Your post touch me more then you know. I will continue to pray for your full recovery.

    Without Jesus Christ in my life, the world would be a very scary place....this I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kreyola, my heart is blessed and its cos u're blessed. Thanks for stopping by nd for praying too. I love you deep from my heart

    ReplyDelete