Tuesday, March 18, 2014

GIRL YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL: THE ACT OF TAKING COMPLIMENTS

Girls have plenty of issues i know.
Often times girls have a way of taking compliments especially when it’s from the opposite sex, while some over rate them they can kill for compliments, some simply do not appreciate them. Its happened with me severally,  We do it often “ you’re out with a group of friends and this fine dude sitting across seems to be looking at you he makes his way to you and says something like you have the most beautiful hair ever and boom “he’s hitting on you’’ seriously? Where is the place of friendship he doesn’t always need to be having a crush on you to tell you what he sees. That a guy opens the door for you or helps you pick your stuff when they drop doesn’t mean anything its just simple courtesy. When a guy compliments your dress it doesn’t mean he’s looking at your body pls biko ejo nitori Jesu it’s nothing sexual, the dress is beautiful and the guy likes it lobatan! And some girls feel looked down on when guys give compliments I can really relate to that, there was a time I used to feel like a guy had to have looked down on you and felt you needed a little cheering up and that’s why he’s throwing a compliment my way(smh….. Ikr very shallow) so if you ever passed a compliment my way I’d be very angry at you.
   However overtime I’ve realized my realized most of the time all these are things I just imagined: they don’t really exist. But the one thing I’ve realized Is the reason why we take compliment so often times is because we do not give honest compliments ourselves or because we look down on ourselves so we can’t understand why someone else would say we’re beautiful or be good to us, or we live based on the approval of people. Here are a few things I’ve done and have helped overtime

11)  I’ve learnt to give out honest compliments to everyone around me. I remember to say things like you look beautiful, your hair is nice, e.t.c and things like I love you. I’m honored to be your friends e.t.c
22) Always give yourself a compliment, everyday look into your mirror smile at you and tell yourself you’re beautiful say amazing things about yourself to yourself gradually you’ll get to believe what you say. While people might see this and think you’re just too self occupied its better than looking down on yourself.
33) Don’t try to look for approval from people. You wont always get it.

So here dear girls you’re beautiful, your dress is lovely and you have the cutest smile ever and before I forget I love you.
xoxo Busayo 

5 comments:

  1. You're very right, sometimes we find it difficult to take or respond to compliments. Thanks you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot dear for your comment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. just so on point, nice write up

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete