Monday, December 30, 2013

MUSIC


     Sometime ago I wrote a note on face book about the right hooks and all, and it was well received so I was sure that was going to be the last I was going to write as regards music, but today I feel it in my spirit to share this with you my dear readers hope you are blessed.
     I know a lot of Christians or just people who love God yet on their music players, phones and other devices they have both a combination of gospel and secular music. I know what you are thinking now  “not all secular music is bad and talk about sex are you now saying we should not listen to even the one that do not depict sex?”  My answer to that is and would always be NO big fat NO. we have to realize that we are a product of what we listen to. Whatever we sing or listen to should glorify God, if it doesn’t glorify the true God it glorifies the devil or any counterfeit god of ours.
  Have you ever listened to a song, I mean audio music, and shortly afterwards a video is made, its not uncommon to hear people say the video does not go well with the song or this is not the right video e.t.c and I wonder never has a video been released for this song how do you know this is not how the video is meant to be. The answer is simple we are visual beings, and every word we hear is transformed into pictures in our mind, so when we listen to music the lyrics create pictures in our minds and as the beats and lyrics come together our minds create videos for the song, that is why most times when the videos are released we are not satisfied because it does not co-relate to our minds video. For this reason we ought to watch what we listen to, because after a while our minds begin to tilt towards what constantly fills it so if secular music fills it gradually we begin acting, living and being like the music we listen to.
   Furthermore I personally believe that when you sing or dance to music they should be two major purposes, to praise and to uplift one what do I mean? When I sing a song it should be to praise God this has to do with being thankful, making a request, etcetera. Whereas by up lifting I mean to encourage or give us hope when we are cast down, depressed or discouraged and not for entertainment only, if music only entertains you only I wonder the purpose, entertainment births happiness which is just for that period, while real music should not just entertain or birth happiness but joy which does not depend on the time being but stays in all circumstances. Furthermore when music is to praise it gives power, we need to realize that the power of our gods towards us is dependent on the amount of praise we give to them meaning every time we sing songs that glorifies our counterfeit gods we give them power.
     Finally the spirit behind most songs we listen to is unknown and that’s is like the most important, as the spiritual controls the physical, a lot of secular music even though they don’t promote sex choke, and even kills the spirit of God in us, gradually, slowly the spirit of God would die in us as we keep up our ungodly music, because the spirit we feed is the one that would live and two spirits can’t work in us, and the spirit of God is really delicate, it can’t operate next to another spirit, our God is a jealous God he can’t be spirit 2, he has to be the one and only operational spirit in our lives.
   However my dear readers and friends these are just my thoughts, I really need to know your thoughts on this issue. Feel free to post your comments and question on any point of mine that is not clear to you. Have an amazing day. I love you all and I’m praying we all cross over beautifully into 2014. See you there.
xoxo Busayo





No comments:

Post a Comment