Monday, December 16, 2013

CHRISTMAS MEMORIES


CHRISTMAS MEMORIES
So its Christmas season again brings back so many memories from several years ago to recent years, so for today I’m just going to be doing a little thing about some of my Christmas memories.
When I think of Christmas in the 1990’s (I’m writing 1990’s like I know anything about then ) I think about the Christmas carol in school, then again I think again about our telephone wire hairstyles or our indomie hairstyles, or how could i even  forget out evergreen bob Marley, and our multiple coloured ribbons, our “mama tie me ” dresses :D our matching cap’s and bags (really nowadays children are all grown before they even get the chance to live), I remember I and my older sister wearing similar clothes and feeling all sisterly, really those were the fun Christmases, I and my friends walking everywhere together like we owned the place an quick to shake our heads at the slightest opportunity (trust we just had to shake our telephone wires or the beads on our hair), Christmas then was all about our Christmas clothes, shoes and hair, and the fact I was not in school, and plenty of food and a little of family in fact family was just for receiving gifts.
   Christmas in the early 2000’s  was just like the 1990’s, however soon I was hold enough to use fireworks knock out and Biscoe light, and go out with friends so Christmas became about going out and meeting with friends and just having fun generally no God in the Christmas at all except for the Christmas service we had early on Christmas day, soon Christmas became about me showing my decoration skills and ideas and Christmas tree decorations, every Christmas I couldn’t wait to bring out the Christmas tree and decorate it with ball, drums, and Christmas lights and all, however my last few Christmas have been different they’ve been more about family, love and most importantly Christ the one whose birthday we celebrate on that day, it’s been more about the time with family than about the clothes, shoes and hair (I can’t even remember when last I did all the Christmas clothes and hair stuff),it’s not about what I can receive for Christmas but what I could give,  it’s now about the opportunity to celebrate with my savior, friend and lover of my soul.
   How about you what has Christmas been like all these years, why don’t we all share some of our own Christmas memories. Feel free to drop some of yours in the comment field. Xoxo Busayo. 









No comments:

Post a Comment