Saturday, April 4, 2015

ON DEPRESSION AND ME 1


Oh I know I’m by far the laziest blogger y’all know, thanks for sticking with me anyway. If you or someone you know is battling depression this post id for you, its not actually a remedy some depression may be due to chemical imbalance in the body and drugs are needed for that. Let me quickly say here that even a Christian can be depressed and need  drugs its not a sin nor because you don’t pray enough don’t let anyone look down on you because you’re a Christian and you are depressed (this is a topic for another day)…..
LESSON 1
Depression often starts wits distraction, Distraction is when we take our eyes off Jesus and allow ourselves to lead as opposed to Christ leading….. I battled depression because I awoke love too early in my life but I didn’t just awake love like that I first got distracted from God and started looking to the person I claimed to love and because my eyes were focused on him I couldn’t see clearly, I stopped listening to the holy spirit’s prompt and started following the prompting of self, the spirit warned me through scriptures and even people, but self was too stubborn to heed. Now when self leads there is only so much you can achieve  and when you try to get all you want in the flesh and you can’t seem to achieve all you want discouragement sets in; when I tried all I could to get the love I so wanted and I couldn’t I became very discouraged and a little insecure. With discouragement already in the system depression isn’t farfetched. As soon as I became discouraged if I had talked about it or not try to cover it with solitary addiction like food maybe I wouldn’t have gotten depressed, from discouragement we finally crawl into our shell, avoid people and all, and that is the point of depression…
Note please that not everyone gets into depression this way, in my next post I’ll share another way I fell into depression, now if you’re battling depression or even discouragement check your life, is your eyes on God are you still being led by the spirit of God, if you see where you missed it run back to Jesus, let him heal you and help you. In the meantime if you want to share or need a muse I’m always a message away busayokehinde81@gmail.com or 08038044814.
Love and prayers
Busayo Kehinde

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter :D

    I'm Thrilled that you are feeling Better! ;)

    Thank you for sharing your experiences! It will Help others and is a Reminder of just how Blessed we are!

    Meshele we all get depressed and if becomes severe, then like as with any illness we're supposed to seek a physician. I'm Thankful you were able to recognize it! There's nothing to be ashamed of if medication is required sick is sick!

    God knew we would lose our way that's why He Promised He to Never forsake us! :D

    Keep the Faith! Be completely Well Soon! True Love will find you in His Time, and at only at 19 (almost) you have Plenty of Time!

    Take Care! You are in my Prayers! Have a Joyful Easter Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete