Friday, June 13, 2014

LOOKING UP TO JESUS


Hey people trust you week has been great mine has been beautiful, God has been most faithful to me, oh remember the post before my birthday whaen I asked for the stuffs I wanted, well my dad brought my life application bible yesterday, I’m flipping excited about it, I haven’t seen my dayd since early April when I resumed school seeing him again yesterday felt good, I’m thankful for him too. I’m thankful for everyone of you who have been reading my blog and those who have been blessed by it and shared their testimonies with me I love you all big time, God bless you real good.
I’m not sure how many of you attended children Sunday school class same period as I, I’m not sure how many actually listened the few who listened possibly remember the story of Jesus walking on the water and peter walking to meet him, yesterday I listened to a message by pastor Joseph prince, he said something that brought back that story to mind here’s what he said “everything is easier and possible when we look up to Jesus”  it brought a lot of memories and ideas and understanding as well. A whole lot of times we start things with a focus on Jesus and gradually things begin to look easy and we decide to look at us or at situations surrounding us and suddenly everything becomes difficult. If we read that story better we’ll realize that peter started to walk on the water while he kept on looking at Jesus the moment he took his eyes off Jesus he started to sink, now when I tried to understand a little better I dawned on me that he didn’t just look at the storm, he started looking at self first possibly the I’m doing it feel came in and instead of looking to Jesus and saying “thank you lord I’m doing it” he must have been flipping excited and decided to look at himself better and high five himself but instead his eyes caught the situation around him. I hope that is a clear picture. Every time we look up to anything or anyone one things seem harder and more impossible. Could that be the reason you started whatever is it you are doing right now and it seemed all good until now, you’re not even sure if God actually asked you to do it, God could have actually asked you to do it, today look at your life and evaluate it, what are you trusting or looking up to other than Jesus, and go back to him, the author and finisher of our faith.
Xoxo Busayo


No comments:

Post a Comment